What game got you started?

AzzidReign

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What game got you into gaming?

While I started back with the Atari, NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. I think my first glimpse was with 007 GoldenEye. Playing 4 on a screen, yelling "Stop watching my screen!" and just having a great time. After that, things settled down, I was more into sports and girls and didn't really pick gaming back up until Halo 1 when my neighbor got back from college and he would have a bunch of friends over and we would play 12-16 player LAN. The thing with that was, we would have to wait until people were available to play.

So the countless hours, especially at night, didn't truly begin until Halo 2 was released. I don't know how many hours I spent but I remember being in college and I would have a few short days and those days I would game from around noon until around midnight. Should have probably been studying most of that time but the game sucked me in unlike any other game before.

Since then, I really got into CoD (started at 4 upward to Ghosts...I didn't play Ghosts, and then all of the ones after besides Blops3 and 4) and my latest addiction is Rocket League and I can't seem to get away from it to try anything new lol RL was the first game since H2 that really got me excited to play a game again. I played CoD bc I was good at it and enjoyed wrecking squads but something with the learning curve of RL and there always being something new to try and get good at has got me playing it and nothing else.

Chazay

Reaction score
The first real game I distinctly remember playing was Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2. I played countless hours of that and a few other titles on the GBA. I eventually moved on to the PS2 with all the Tony Hawk games and later on to XBOX 360 for COD and Halo and the rest was history.

Aydind

Reaction score
I believe, it was Super Mario Advanced on my Gameboy advanced.

AzzidReign

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tony Hawk
Oh man, I recently broke out TH3...I miss that style of game and wish they would just go back to it. And not the shitty port they made for XBLA. I want the same thing with new locations :p