Rocket League Season Pass 3 Out, 40% Off DLC, and more!

AzzidReign

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
RL Season Pass 3 is live and kickin'! Looks like they've changed up how it works. Right now, you will still earn rewards by just playing but they've also added 3 weekly challenges that will help you Tier up quicker. On top of that, if you buy the Premium Pass, you will have an additional 3 challenges to work towards to help you Tier up quicker.

Like before, premium will unlock 70 different items (painted, certified, and special edition items) and free will unlock various items. You can upgrade to Premium any time and will unlock all those items up to the Tier you currently are. The cool thing that Psyonix has done is they've done the same with challenges. If you've completed the premium challenges while you were playing with the Free SP and later buy the Premium pass, it will back track and earn you those Premium challenges!

The game director, Scott, had this to say in an interview:
Q: ARE THERE MORE VARIATIONS TO ITEMS IN ROCKET PASS 3 COMPARED TO EARLIER ROCKET PASSES?
Yes. One of the things we did was really look at what people were equipping, while also listening to Community Posts. We saw that for items that had three Tiers, except for cars, the first two Tiers were mostly going unused. At the same time, people like the variety of wheels. So what we did was, make it so that most Wheels have two Tiers instead of three, but there are now more Wheels to choose from and that adds a greater overall variety in the Pro Tiers.

More wheels to choose from!

Esports Shop
We hadn't announced it when it happened but Psyonix has opened up their esports shop to help support the RL esports teams! Check out the video of JonSandman going through all the new items available:

Some really cool looking designs that the Psyonix graphic guys did amazing on! When I first heard about this, I thought 'meh' but after seeing them, I'm thinking about buying all of the items!

Discount time!
Looks like all the items (that I haven't bought yet) are going for 40% off so if there was a car that you were looking to buy, now's the time!