Is it the year of FPS?

Tyler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Battle royales have been dominating in the gaming industry for the past couple years with titles like H1Z1, PUBG, Fortnite, Realm Royale, Blackout, and Apex: Legends. This year, however, might be a different story. Call of Duty is returning to the fan favorite Modern Warfare franchise and two smaller FPS games seem to be climbing to the top, Splitgate & Battalion 1944. Is this the return of FPS?

Terrified

Staff member
Reaction score
Splitgate looks pretty interesting. Im curious as to see where they go with it. I had huge hopes with Apex but that fell off quickly. Hopefully they come out with something people weren't expecting and it takes off in the right direction and brings in the right crowd. I guess we shall see.

AzzidReign

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should be excited for the Modern Warfare reveal tomorrow then!
That reveal has me all tingly! Looks absolutely amazing and with all the extra tidbits (cross plat play esp), I think the new MW is shaping up to be a great game. I just hope that they decide to beta test it 1-2 months out since the last handful of CoDs have launched with tremendous bugs. I just don't get how after all these years, the match making can be sooo buggy and the server lag is out of control. You would think they would be prepared for the initial surge and then back off on the servers later on if they need to. Suffice to say, I'm still excited and will likely put down Rocket League for a bit to play this (if I get friggin time to play!).